Our first review is a toy Piggy Bank by Fisher Price called Fisher-Price Smart Stages Piggy Bank.This toy was recommended to us by a speech and language therapist that we brought our son to for some speech and language therapy. Our son who has Autism and delayed play and fine motor skills really liked this toy and it’s a challenge sometimes finding things he likes to play with. We found that he responded really well to it, he loved opening and closing the hatch and taking out the coins. By helping him to put the coins in the slot, we were able to bond better with him and advance his fine motor and motor planning skills. It was a good tool to help us understand the support he required with getting the coins into the pig. This was a big hit in our house and would recommend it for a toy for a child with ASD.
Some features of this toy are listed below:
- 40+ Sing-along songs, tunes and phrases
- Includes Smart Stages technology learning content changes as baby grows
- Two levels of play offer fresh songs, phrases and sounds for your little one’s age and stage
- Includes 10 colourful coins to drop into the piggy’s back or belly the coins teach animals on one side and numbers on the other
- Open and close door for put-and-take play