Home Autism Connects Forums Advice Need advice please

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dawn 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dawn
    Participant

Hi all. I have just found this forum online after been searching for one for a while.

My 7 year old daugher is Autistic. She is doing really good the last couple of years. Was non verbal but now a chatterbox etc
    She has been doing so well that she no longer has a support team.
    Now my concern is I think she may be going backwards in the Sensory seeking department. She has tried to put items in her backside a few times and has told me. I haven’t caught her trying to do so but she then changes her mind and says she was just pranking me by saying it. I guess my question is has anyone else experienced it? Is it sensory seeking if she is doing what she says? Most importantly what steps do I take now that she no longer has a support team? Its really starting to concern me incase she actually is doing what she says.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Sammy
    Participant

Hi Dawn, That’s great your daughter has come on so well and she is verbal. It sounds like to me you may need the services of an Occupational Therapist/psychologist…Your health nurse should be able to refer you to the relevant service….If it is any sensory issues a good OT should be able to advise..whereas the psychologist can help around the behaviour side of things..and help you get a better understanding of what is really going on..Hope this helps..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.