Home Autism Connects Forums Wellbeing How do you do Self-Care ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Autism Connects Ireland 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jose
    Participant

It’s been a rough week! I’m well and truly physically and mentally exhausted 😩. I need some self-care. I have a few hours to myself now and not sure what to do. How do you each look after your self in times of stress.

duck2
    Participant

A long walk and then coffee and cake, in a café preferably with a book and sitting at a window seat. On my own just people watching.

I think it’s important to live your own life and take care of yourself. Do whatever it is that light you up inside. Do the things that make you feel good and alive. I love reading and love to get a couple of hours to shut everything else out and get lost in a story. I like walks, baths, good music and good food! Small treats like a bunch of flowers or a new mug.

Lisa
    Participant

I like to have a shower in peace and quiet and just lie down in a room by myself. With two smallies it doesn’t happen very often.

Hi Lisa, Yes, it’s hard when you have young kids to get time to yourself, but very important. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.